Along with everyone else, The Well jumped online as soon as we could when the pandemic started. Discovering ways to make the most of online prayer ministry has been so exciting! One thing Rev Anne Hibbert remembers from the start of The Well was a word from God that “people will come from far and wide” to encounter healing here. As a result of online ministry, we have had Guests come from all around the world!
Our Zoom hosts help The Well’s ministry to be fulfilled as a place of healing for those coming from “far and wide” even today, in our weekly online ministry and in our popular Online Quiet Mornings.
Roles we need to fill:
- Hosting our regular Online Prayer Ministry on
- a Tuesday afternoon, (1.15 pm – 4 pm)
- a Tuesday evening (6.45 pm – 8.45 pm)
- a Wednesday morning (9.15 am – 12 pm)
- Hosting our semi-regular Online Rest and Receive session (1.50 pm – 3.15 pm Wednesdays or 7.15 pm – 8.30 pm Thursdays)
- Hosting our irregular (monthly-ish) Online Quiet Mornings (9.10 am – 1 pm)
- Hosting our Listening to God Mornings (LTG) and Pathway Mornings online. The demand for this role is a bit lower at the moment.
- Ability to operate Zoom, including
- Experience hosting
- Understanding of Breakout Rooms
- Sharing screens
- Recording an event (for Pathway and LTG events)
- Either a strong internet connection or ability to work from our building
- For the Prayer Ministry role or Quiet Morning role:
- Friendly and calming presence
- Keeping track of diary and movement of Guests
- Reporting any issues to the Session Leader
- Maintaining contact with Prayer Team members
- We are willing to train, and each role has its own established schedule
If you would like to join the Zoom team:
Fill in an application first, and we will respond to this as quickly as we can. We will organise an informal interview, online or in person, to talk about the role and whether it is the right one for you. After this there will be a quick chat with our Director of Ministry.
If we go ahead from there, you will be trained to host Zoom sessions and given all the resources needed, shadowing our existing team, then hosting under supervision.