The Well is a place where people can encounter God and where He brings healing into their lives. Someone who joins us in the building might be coming from anywhere, with a prayer need about anything!
Our Welcome Team is there to greet them with a kind smile and a hot drink, and all the assurance they need to know that this is the right place to be.
A house of kindness, where God can be at home:“I Hear The Father,” by David Hadden (a song he dedicated to The Well)
Open door, open hands, open heart, a Well of love!
Roles we need to fill:
- Welcome Team at our regular Prayer Ministry on
- a Tuesday afternoon, (12.45pm-4pm)
- a Tuesday evening (6.30pm-8.45pm)
- a Wednesday morning (8.45am-12pm)
- Particularly on the Wednesday morning – if this is a time you can do, please make a note of it in the application!
- Welcome Team to fill in on these sessions if someone is unwell
- Welcome Team at one of our semi-regular in-person events, like Quiet Days and Listening to God teaching days. The demand for this role is a bit lower at the moment.
What Welcome Team members do:
- Set up Welcome Team area and refreshments
- Make sure resources and documents are available for the Prayer Team
- First point of contact for Guests, introduce them to Encounter Space
- Register Guests and communicate their arrival to Team
- Ensure refreshments are replenished throughout Ministry
- Set A-Frame outside (or mobility ramp if required), and retrieve after Ministry
- Friendly and calming presence
- Making teas and coffees
- Informing new Guests about Encounter Space
- Keeping track of diary and movement of Guests
- Handling confidential information/Safely returning any confidential materials to the Office
- Using the Welcome Desk computer (we will train!) for Diary and retrieval of Guest information
- Reporting any safety issues to the Session Leader or Safeguarding Officer
- Setting up A-Frame outside front door/Putting ramp out for Guests with mobility needs
- Training will be provided.
If you would like to join the Welcome Team:
Fill in an application first, and we will respond to this as quickly as we can. We will organise an informal in-person interview, to talk about the role and whether it is the right one for you. After this there will be a quick chat with our Director of Ministry.
If we go ahead from there, you will be trained and given all the resources needed, shadowing our existing team, then being a secondary Welcome Team member until you are accustomed to the way we do things.