10:00 am - 01:00 pmEvent Category: Click to Register
The Well Christian Healing Centre
A Quiet Morning at The Well, with associate minister Sharon GobleQuiet Morning At The Well,20 Augusta Place, Leamington SpaHome Is Where The Heart Is: Abiding in JesusThursday 26th October 10am-1pmA time to pause and reflect upon God’s Gift of Love! This Quiet Morning will be led by Rev Sharon Goble, The Well’s new Associate Minister.
“Home is where the heart is” isn’t just a song by Elvis Presley, nor, as I discovered, merely a quotation originally attributed to Pliny the Elder. It isn’t just a sentimental phrase found on a fridge magnet, or the dream of Dorothy from Oz. Home is the shelter that is a basic human need and so much more. We hope it is safety, belonging, roots, memories, and, for me, way too much stuff! Home, I trust, is the place where I can relax and be myself and still know I am loved.
What and where is your home and how much does home mean to you? By exploring the metaphor of home in the Bible and our own attachments, this Quiet morning will provide a safe space to consider safe space, our home with Jesus.
In John’s gospel, among his symphony of themes, is the home. Jesus, the homemaker, who is preparing a place for us in His Father’s house, invites us to abide in him. Luke’s parable of the two sons has the younger one yearning to return home to his father, and the story gives us a strong and beautiful image of a welcome home. Psalm 91 uses the metaphor of shelter, refuge and place of safety which sounds like home to me. Yet it is extraordinary to think, as the gospels tell us, that unlike foxes and birds, the “Son of Man had nowhere to lay his head.”
Having recently and temporarily moved house yet again, Sharon has had plenty of opportunity to think into the home as a metaphor for our relationship with God.
This quiet morning is for those who live alone; those who come from crazy busy family homes; those who have more than one house to call their own and those who don’t feel they know where they belong or how long they can stay where they are. This Quiet morning is for anyone who yearns to be at home with Jesus.
The Quiet Day costs £15 per person and this includes hot drinks, home bakes and printed handouts.
The Quiet Morning will be at:
The Well Christian Healing Centre
20 Augusta Place, Leamington Spa, CV32 5EL.
There is a paid car park nearby at St Peter’s Multi-Storey car park. Bedford Street car park across the road is not suitable on this occasion, as it is only short-stay.
Comments from Guests who attended our recent Quiet Morning.
What did you enjoy most about the quiet morning?
• Time away from my busy life meeting with God I now feel so calm now.
• Being quiet with the Lord. God has spoken to me through the breathing prayers and through Anne sharing of her experience.
• Non-judgmental, friendly, welcoming space to come into, like a shelter to be able to hear from God. Thanks. photos, prayer, space all lovely!
• Cakes were delicious! Thank you so much bless you guys, you are like vessels of His Holy Spirit, love and kindness,
• The peace and the beauty, the second part even better than the first. So helpful, so healing. God has filled a deep deep desire through the reflections and through the prayer team. Desire to walk in His spirit and a desire to serve and a desire to be doing His will.
• Thank you the space, prayer, the music and the photos and the quiet reflection time. Also enjoyed the handouts. I know I need to stop and listen more to God. The opportunity to be still with God, to listen to him deeply in the silence, to find quiet in the busyness of life to be with Him.
• the talks, the slides, the music, the catering, everything! I have heard God speak to me through the personal prayer ministry.
• I loved all of it, and oasis, that’s what you are as the Well. I have been fed body soul and spirit today, thank you