Date(s) - 28/03/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
THEME AND REFLECTION TIME
The words ‘wilderness’ and ‘desert’ are used interchangeably in the Bible, occurring 245 times in the Old Testament and 35 times in the New Testament. As we read the Bible, we see that both men and women were challenged by their ‘arid’ wilderness conditions, bringing into focus important faith issues and questions.
One of the dominant themes of both the Old Testament and the New Testament is the story of the ‘Exodus’, in which God deliberately led His people into the wilderness as they fled from Egypt. It was here in the wilderness that God revealed Himself as: Jehovah Rophe – I am your Healer.
During the day, Anne will be explaining how Moses and the Israelites encountered God through revelation, provision and signs and wonders, and how their lessons of faith can be relevant for us living in the 21st century.
During this Quiet day, there will be two talks in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each session will be followed by silent prayer and reflection times. Following the afternoon talk there will be an optional creative activity on the theme.
WHO IS THIS DAY FOR?
- Those wanting to experience God in their own ‘wilderness’.
- Those wanting to retreat for a few hours away from the busyness of life.
- Those wanting help to trust God in a dry and arid place.
- Those seeking God’s healing.
- Those who have never been on a quiet day before.
- Those seeking spiritual refreshment.
Bookings are closed for this event.